Tuesday, October 31, 2006

in the black

it's the kind of day where umbrellas are rendered useless because they snap before they are even fully open (off to buy another tomorrow)... The Abderdeen wind is something else and has finally convinced me that Dean may not be completely off the mark when he says we'd be smart to buy a car when we move back here next summer.

The boys (Dean, Trevor and mystery guest number two: Joe Cheung) are off to check out the Whiskey Trail today, while I stay at the university hunched over a computer. It's not all bad though--in fact it's fabulous. It means I'll have a nice fat cheque to replenish my bank account just in time for Christmas shopping. I got a fabulous contract job this week which will keep me busy for a chunk of November, and I couldn't be happier. God knows just when to provide.

No Fresh Cuts tomorrow, but I'll post a belated issue from Paris on the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, congrats on the job!!
paris on friday... now it's my turn to be jealous of your european jetsetting.
and... does "moving back here next summer" mean you'll become europeans - and finally come visit!!??

Anonymous said...

PTL for freelance. :) I need another gig to pay for a dresssss! ENJOY PARIS! It is impossible not to.