Today I was skipping out of the house to meet Claire and Suzi for brunch (tough life, I know) and as I reached for the door handle, the mailman visited simultaneously. The mail for our building landed at my feet. Just one piece. A letter to me!
I was reminded how much I enjoy mail and also remembered a project that crossed my mind months ago--on the flight to Scotland, in fact...
As I'm sure you can imagine, the life of a rarely-employed freelance writer is very taxing and demanding--all those brunches to attend, and novels to read--but I think it might be time to mix it up a bit. Hence the Postcard Project.
This is my invitation to you to send a postcard from your respective corner of the world to mine, and in return you shall likewise receive a postcard, featuring original Scotland-inspired works of poetry by yours truly.
The offer is open to regular commenters and lurkers alike (except, perhaps, my lurkers from Reno, NV and Gatineau, Que 'cause that would just be awkward)--all you need to do is purchase/find/create a postcard, write a short message including your return address, affix postage, and send it to the address below. Since the British postal service is quite remarkable, you should expect your own orignal poem in no time!
bonus: If the book I'm writing ever gets published, your postcard could be a collector's item!
mail to:
35 Wallfield Cres.
Aberdeen, Scotland
AB25 2LB
United Kingdom
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
4 comments:
are we supposed to send a haiku for YOU? please clarify so i can get on this important task today at the office, instead of working... xox
Sounds good Amanda, will do from Geordie Land! By the way, the 'account' of our time is up and pics are posted!!
Hmm. I'm heading to Stony Plain tomorrow. I wonder if there are any cool post cards to be had there.
and i'll get on board since we just recived a lovely scotland postcard already on friday! thanks for that, 'manda! zaac commented how even your postcard writing is good and reading your blog should become a daily habit. loving it!
Post a Comment