1. The Last Kiss made Suzi, Fiona and me all very angry on Friday night. Iain and Dean were notably affectionate towards us wives throughout the movie in an effort to remind us that it was Zach Braff, not THEM who knocked up his girlfriend and then hooked up with Summer Roberts. While the boys made us laugh, infidelity still never fails to get me all worked up.
2. Played tourists in our city again with a visit to the fabulous Aberdeen Art Gallery. Dean got to see his favourites--Gilbert & George--and I quite enjoyed the very thorough William Dyce exhibit. Picked up a 17th century map of Aberdeen at the gallery bookshop and then wrapped up the afternoon with baguettes and darn good french onion soup.
3. After church on Sunday, Verity took us for a "forest walk" (ie. a mild hike through the woods) in Aboyne, a small town in Royal Deeside (Royal because in it is situated Balmoral Castle, the Queen's summer residence, and Deeside because the River Dee runs through it). I pestered V with questions about the Royal Family while we watched the leaves fall on one of the sunniest days I've seen in months. Photos coming soon.
4. Tired of hair in my face. After 10 months of painfully growing it out I'm getting my fringe cut today at the very posh James Dun's House downtown. oooo.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
5 comments:
wow, we really are exciting people! (actually, the gallery was quite (surprisingly) fun)
Amanda, I'm so pleased that you call it "fringe". Isn't it amazing how quickly you start to pick up the local slang?
The CG got together for lunch yesterday, and I missed you both very much; I'm sure we all did. I hope that things are going well over there... from the sounds of it you're having a great experience so far. I mostly lurk, but I do check your blogs every day.
Love you!!!!
Sara
Hooray! I'm glad you're getting a "fringe". Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new you.
It sounds like you and Dean are making the most of your time there. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the highlights with you some day. By then you'll be an expert Aberdeen tour guide.
The Last Kiss made me angry too... definitely not a movie i would recommend.
as for getting your "fringe" cut... your verbage brings me back to my days in australia. can't wait to see a picture of the fringe.
Go for the gold with the haircut! If you ask for anything along the lines of "messy and edgy" they REALLY WILL go to town. Have fun! And post pix! :)
Post a Comment