On the Playlist: Alexi Murdoch's Time Without ConsequenceOn the Reading List: Pride and Prejudice, at long last
Current Obsession: the surprising selection of shoes at the very unassuming and Smart-Set-ish from the outside, New Look. I was so enamored with their flats (all under £20), I bought two pair.
Design of the Times: Martha Stewart’s new Blueprint Magazine is one of the more beautiful publications I’ve seen in a long time. When was the last time type was treated so well by a mainstream commercial book? this would make a really good Christmas present…
Have an ’Art: Original art for a fraction of the cost? Artist Nick Jainschigg is part of a growing trend—attempting to create one painting each day and selling them dirt cheap on the web. [also check out paintingadayproject.blogspot.com] Blog Log: apartmenttherapy.com brings daily interior inspiration from four fine US cities.
Crisp of the Week: Sensations Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Thyme [rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars, includes a bonus point for how astonishingly accurate these taste]
Scot Slang of the Week: “cannae” – can not, as in “Dean still cannae get his IBM te work properly, no matter how much he mucks aboot with it.”
Decorator’s Challenge: a sleek wall clock for only 5.50 is now giving some mellow to our blow-you-over yellow kitchen
Insider Scoop: pedestrians— forget waiting for two sets of lights just to get to an opposite corner of the intersection. In Scotland when the little green man flashes you can cross the street diagonally.Countdown To: TWO DAYS until I hop a train to Newcastle to return Lorah’s visit. Stay tuned for future reports of more British shenanigans.
To Do List: Find a way to alter the time space continuum so that we can see Sufjan Stevens in Paris at the same time we are scheduled to fly home from said city.
7 comments:
Martha Stewart? decidedly not hipsteresque ;)
Dude Martha is so gangsta! She got some serious street cred (it's a hard knock life). Amanda great job with the steady posting on your blog. Its great procrastination material and it makes me feel I am right there with you guys. Might give you two a call for thanksgiving.
reading your blog makes me want to visit oh so very much!
(at first glance Mr. Murdoch looks like Mr. Sam)
I dunno... I thought Martha was a bit crusty before but I have to say is defo the authority on all things wedding. I'm a fan of any DIY gal.
And Manda, the hair makes you look so different in that pic! Say hi to Lorah for me!
Ya in Taiwan you can also cross diagonally, isn't that bizzare and also wonderful? Why don't we catch on?
Post a Comment