Eight hours is the time difference between Scotland and Vancouver. It was good to hear my sister's voice this morning, but in my still-sleeping state I first thought it was my mother-in-law--for whom I probably would've tried to be more coherent at 1:30am. Sorry I hung up on you so promptly sis... but as a general rule for people on the west coast, don't call after 2:30pm PST ;)
Getting over the last of my cold still. We kept the weekend lowkey in light of my drippy nose, shopping (new jeans for Deano and a top for me!), going to church (twice!) and watching Grey's Anatomy and Before Sunrise--which made me wish for a trip to Vienna... but sadly our best excuse to visit is in the US for the next while.
Pretty dang good consolation though is that we'll be in Paris a month from today. I've spent this morning researching the neighbourhood where we've rented our flat for the week. It's called the Marais (swamp) because it was built over just that. Far from marshland now, it's home to the Picasso Museum, the Jewish Quarter, the Gay district and some of the best culture and shopping in the City of Lights. This trip is so long overdue for me.
Un espresso et un pain au chocolat, s'il te plait.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
7 comments:
well, i am sure maria z would love to have us. as for last night, i though you were going to mention something about elbows in the head...
yes, those were a serious barier to my sleep as well. if that were the topic of my post I would have called it "two hours" with reference to the amount of sleep I got!
Hey, there is no need for excuses to come to Vienna, it's definitely worth the trip! Besides your second best excuse would love to see Dean again and to finally meet Amanda :)
Elbows in the head... the gay district... I think there was a subtle connection there
Good to catch you this weekend (always a gamble calling but hopefully at an appropriate hour) and good choice on viewing options - a few weeks ago, we enjoyed a double-bill of Before Sunrise followed by Before Sunset, on TV. So good...
Chat again soon! xox
woohoo! finally found you again! (and am so jealous of your travelling!) Great to hear about your scottish venturing, still thinking about you lots. Email me your contact info there!! xoxoxo elysia (p.s. I'm following your lead - www.residence-on-earth.blogspot.com)
I just checked out Lorah's blog. Great pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time together. A visit to Scotland is definitely in order for your dad and me!
Post a Comment