a summary of the weekend: gratuitous consumption... in the form of food that is.
My in-laws come from a small town, so trips to the city mean eating out at much as possible, preferably in the company of their kids (us!).
For me this meant two three-course Dine Out Vancouver meals, plus a salmon dinner I made to return the love.
But add to that a Sunny Start breakfast at White Spot with another Sask. visitor, Jenn, and add to THAT another meal in with Sheree and Chris and well, it's all the foodie in me I can handle.
looking forward to getting back to a good steady diet of sushi this week :)
****************************************************
work is rolling along.
Something I love about being a writer is the education I get each day.
Last week I delved into the world of deep ocean treasure hunting, and this week I'm immersed in uranium mining. I can tell you all about the three dominant methods of ore extraction and quote the number of deaths as a result of nuclear power plants since the 70s (zero). So I may also be receiving a thorough brainwashing. Big deal! There's still a pay cheque at the end of the day ;)
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
7 comments:
Muchas gracias Amanda (& Dean) for the hospitality this weekend. The green couch-bed treated me well, as did 2 white-knuckle episodes of House watching with Dean, and a fabulous morning chat over French toast with a side of iron. The highlight: getting busted mid-xxx conversation in the hallway. More of that to come in my next letter. :)
hee hee.
Heh, soooo true re: writing! I am well on my way to becoming an expert in exhaust brakes. Who'da thunk?
hi amanda,
i'm not a big sushi eater, but i have eaten out a lot of late, was in budapest as you probably know and we ate out every meal, then we got home and kept eating out. i like eating out...
take that phrase literally "eating out". what does that mean?!?!??!
say hi to my dean boy.
when you look at some facts nuclear power doesn't seem so evil. Maybe they just have REALLY good PR.
It's a tough life (the food part), but at least the job sounds great! ;)Hope you are both doing well back in Vancouver
it could be worse, the in laws could be the ones that pack a salami stick and large loaf of bread to cut expenses when in the big city. sounds like it was an experience anyway. are you coming to fairmont? we have a kitchenette so no eating out for us;)we can have sugar crisp, salami sandwiches and toast.
Post a Comment