Monday, January 22, 2007

gratitude

On January 1, my friend Karen resolved that this would be a year of giving thanks. She ends each day by sharing something she's thankful for. Though I've never been one to make resolutions (since that would require resolve) I think she's onto something.

This morning, as I was writhing in pain without a stitch of Ibuprofen in the house, I felt very grateful for a husband who would walk all the way from work to the drugstore and then home in the pouring rain just so that I could get doped up on Advil. Thanks Deano!

It was a lovely weekend: made pancakes for Rach, we caught up with Nina and Jules for a go at Plenty (found the sweater Dean tore apart Edinburgh in search of —it was on sale so I came home the hero!), and in the evening we celebrated Nana's 65th birthday (AGAIN) with the Smith clan, who I just love. I think the adult Smith siblings actually made it through the evening without any sentimental crying for once ;)

Sunday was a home day. Dean was the preacher and I was the worship leader and it was a nice change from the norm. Then we hung art, ate yam fries and chipoltle mayo and devoured another episode of Grey's.

Darn-near perfect weekend.

by the by, I've uploaded a smattering of wedding photos from friends and family. If you have some to add to the collection, send em my way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks!

i yelled to blaine, "look, amanda put me in her blog!" i was so excited. you've made me famous!

you're so great!