I am absolutely sure I saw the waitress laugh at us as we came in. Tonight was our third visit in one week to our favourite sushi spot and by now she knows us well enough to say, "one yam roll, one dynamite roll and one order of salmon sashimi" in unison with us. I've been trying to mix it up with various pieces of ngiri on the side, but really our menu never changes.
What does change is the company. Last night we enjoyed the brilliant and diverse conversation of Dean's long-time friend Brooks Bergreen (and even a few words from his famous girlfriend Sarah via cell phone). Tonight we got to meet, for the first time, two people we feel we've known for months (after all, we've shared a bed)—the couple who rented our place while we were in Scotland, Tom and Marie. They were the token east-coasters at our table of 8, along with Nina and Jason, Julie and Kyle.
Just now after we said our final goodbyes for the night Dean remarked how surprisingly easy it was to talk with total strangers, but I wasn't the least bit surprised. Sometimes you just get a good vibe from people. We knew just from emails they M&T were just the people to trust with our stuff for four months. It's always nice to be proven right.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
3 comments:
good times and good spicy scallop roll. :)
Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.
Brim over I to but I about the post should have more info then it has.
Post a Comment