Tuesday, April 08, 2008

make or break

Since updates have been few and far between lately, it occurs to me that the 90% of you I don't regularly email don't know what's been going down this side of the Atlantic.

Weeellllll, D-day is fast approaching for the Regiers. By the end of April we will finally have a definitive answer when people ask us: "WHERE will you LIVE in four months?"

Until recently we answered that question with a hesitant, "Well, maybe Glasgow, maybe Oxford, and maybe Baltimore."

A couple weeks ago, due to the unreliability of 'soft funding' we nixed Glasgow from the list - and frankly, after witnessing the persistent Scottish winter, I'm not too dismayed.

So it's down to England or Maryland.

There are some serious pros to each, and not many cons. It's a tough call.

A week from Friday Dean and I will conduct our very own personal investigation and get to the bottom of the matter. 4 days in Baltimore and 3 days in Oxford will hopefully settle it. Just to make things fun, we're bringing the inlaws along for the Englandshire portion of the journey!

2 comments:

Harmonie said...

I vote for Oxford! :)

Anonymous said...

Well it is a tough decision - Surrounded by English people or Americans??

Maybe the Scottish winter ain't so bad after all!!