Saturday, April 05, 2008

the picture of domesticity

A quick perusal of Facebook would make it seem that everyone I know is having babies. Or trying to have babies.

No, WE are not. It still freaks me out, frankly. Even though I indulge a nasty habit of stopping and staring at children's clothes in window displays.

But lately, lately I've discovered some flickr photographers who make parenthood look, not only pleasant, but beautiful. I've been enjoying these ladies, because this is the kind of domesticity I'm prepared to embrace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's alright, wait for me ;) Maybe we can do the prego thing later on at the same time and write a book about it...after the first book we discussed writing.. you know, the one I can help write in a few months.. about sneezing and theme parties.

Helen said...

I totally agree with you. I get far too many emails attached with baby photos, announcements of upcoming arrivals, and long-winded conversations about pregnancy details. I often get asked, far too many times, "So when do you think you guys will try?"

Here's a link about parenthood blog, you may be interested in: http://soulemama.typepad.com/