Tuesday, April 29, 2008

drumroll please...

This August we Regiers are moving to the city of dreaming spires (that's Oxford)!

It was a tough call, and we pushed the decision to the last minute as I was quite enchanted with the modern comforts (and cheap realestate) of Baltimore. Professionally, however, it was very clear that Oxford was the right choice for Dean. Plus, I'd say having a hubby that's a senior research scientist at the world's most prestigious university makes for some pretty good bragging rights.

So that just leaves us to find a car, a flat, and to ship the rest of my wardrobe from my Auntie's basement in Surrey. I'm also on the job hunt. Tips from Londoners are invited!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting news! Sounds like an excellent choice all around - congrats!

Anonymous said...

Exciting news! Sounds like an excellent choice all around - congrats!

Kelly said...

Wow! Very cool. Both are great so you really couldn't have gone wrong. I am thrilled for ya. Are you going to make any trips home before the big move?

Sam Kirk said...

Congratulations, you guys! How about visits from Canadians? I can't promise anything right now, but it's definitely possible.

sarah said...

congrats! i guess this means we have to wait a little bit longer to have you as neighbours back here in vancity... hope to see you soon though, regardless!

Sara said...

Wowzers! That's awesome! And I'm pretty sure that gives all your FRIENDS bragging rights, too ;).

Miss you guys!
- sara

Anonymous said...

Yay (again)! Planning our trip in my mind already... :) I heard Konstam closed, so no brunch date there when in London... boo!

Harmonie said...

Yay! My vote was for Oxford, just because I think it would be great to live there!
Sad that I will miss you. I will be there in June on my way home from India.
I'm excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I am so excited for you and Dean, that is GREAT news!! I am really happy for you both, and am sure it was not an easy decision. But in the end like you said I think it sounds better to say We live and work in Oxford...rather than saying Baltimore (no offense to anyone from there)!!

Congrats to you both, and now Jess and I REALLY have to come visit some time!!

Miss you both!

David

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

This is wonderful news. Yes, you have incredible bragging rights. Perhaps fate would have is living in the same city in the not-to-distant future. Michael is applying to Oxford and Cambridge in the next two years and a hop across the pond will (hopefully) happen soon after...

I hope you land the most amazing job, Amanda!

Love from Vancouver...

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'll be coming over shortly...well maybe within the year or something. I'm so glad I could be around for part of the decision process, and I think you made the right one. If you need a break from England, jump the pond for a visit in New England anytime! We have a bed just for you :)

Anonymous said...

Dad and I are happy and excited for you both... and for us! Oxford and London are more fun to visit than Baltimore!