For bibliophiles and designers: I drooled a little when I walked into Waterstones today and saw the new Penguin Celebrations series. The world's greatest publisher has reissued their 36 bestselling titles with the classic Penguin paperback covers I adore. Read a bit about them here.When my first paycheque comes from my newest employer (yes Sara, you and me) I'll be picking up White Teeth and Dark Star Safari. Maybe even Jane Austen: a life if I'm feeling extravagant.
For the Smith fam: Pavarotti is dead. The great tenor entertained us Smith girls on many a car-ride, not because we had such an appreciation for operatic singing, but because it was so fun to mimic. We particularly loved singing along to his duets with Bryan Adams.
For LOST fans: Refresh your memory and keep track of the gajillion connections between characters with this handy index at abc.com .
Just for Jules: aww. little Kingston is growing up! and wearing pink with all the confidence of a self-assured toddler. cute.
For all y'all: I'm off to London bright and early tomorrow morning (cab's coming at 4:30am) to meet up with a handsome academic. We'll be back Monday with photos and such.
3 comments:
oh the cuteness!!!
I love the new editions - thanks for pointing them out! I am just finishing another Steinbeck kick, and by the time I arrive in Auckland it will be time for somethign new - it may warrant several trips to the local shop (although I suppose I should get working first!)
aww and aww! cute penguins and kingstons. i am actually just about to start white teeth (finally!) after having read her other 2. ie, her works in reverse order. for no good reason except that's what was available that day at the library.
Post a Comment