
Speaking of awkward stages, Dean and I saw Hallam Foe on Friday night and all evidence seems to indicate that Jamie Bell, the dancing hero of Billy Elliot, has completely outgrown his. It was also amazing to see so many of our favourite Edinburgh spots on the screen, to know that I had just walked those streets a week prior. While mildly perverse (Hallam is a sympathetic peeping tom), we loved the film.
*****************************************************
On a completely different note, it has been something of a somber weekend here in Aberdeen. Our pastor's wife, Anne, passed away yesterday morning. We know her only a little—when we first arrived in Aberdeen she was recovering after a round of chemo, and doing so quite well I think. But when we returned this summer things had taken a turn for the worst and deteriorated very quickly. She was truly loved among the Gerrard Street congregation and was a mentor to some of our close friends here. Pray for the Hendersons (their three elementary aged girls, and Matthew our pastor) and for the congregation. It'll be a tough time.
No comments:
Post a Comment