**edited: scroll down**
First full day in Aberdeen has come to an end... well "full," waking up at 2pm and readying for bed (momentarily) at 9pm, may not count for a full day, but jetlag does its work.
We discovered that flying together and having a shoulder/head to sleep on is a huge improvement over solo cross-continental travel. 14 hours is so much more bearable with a partner.
And equally lovely is being greeted in a foreign country by a local. Our friend Verity bravely packed us and all our luggage into her 2 door hatch back, brought us to our flat and even took us to buy groceries ($140 doesn't get you too far we discovered).
The flat is big and clean but sparse--a third floor walkup in a classic Aberdeen granite rowhouse-- so after our afternoon of touring the city (our neighbourhood, downtown, old aberdeen, the university) we spent some time tonight rearranging--and I am feeling more at home already. Major bonus is a spectacular view from our kitchen from which we can see tonight's full moon while we sip on a bottle of 4-pound Wolfblass Yellow Label :)
So that accounts for the "settled" portion of this post. The "shorn" portion? well Deano and I both got haircuts. His is an "Uncle Karan special" buzzcut acquired during our visit to Swift Current, and mine is a messy chin-length number picked up during our 20-hour stop at home. Last time my hair was this short a Korean surfer cut it under a palm three with a pair of kitchen shears and men's briefs as a towel.
More description and some photos tomorrow. We've been lucky enough to pick up a neighbour's wireless signal but it's spotty at best.
We have a mailing address!
Dean & Amanda Regier
top floor right
35 Wallfield Cres
Aberdeen, AB25 2LB
Scotland, UK
**and we have a phone number! email me at thefrontlawn@gmail.com for the number.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
8 comments:
can't wait to see pics of the new hair and the new flat! i'm thinking i need to make a trip to scotland. boo on work.
Welcome.... home? ;)
I have never been to aberdeen but I spent a little time in Edinburgh and its beautiful country. I think the best part of scotland is its drinking running water. The tap water is so clean and good and it only gets better the farther north one goes. I hope you enjoy it there and I wish i could visit. I was also staring at the full moon tonight, sipping on my near beer, I'm back on contract you see. Started classes today and I have Photography with Mike next week, excited.
Wow, chin length hair? Nice work! Happy to hear you are settled in nicely.
welcome to your new home, kids! i see it's all new - hair, flat, time zone, and town. good luck with settling in ... will be looking forward to photos and reports!
Yay! Glad you're there safe - post pix! xox
pic-tures, pic-tures, pic-tures!
can't wait to see the newly shorn locks!
Great to hear that you're arrived and... "settled".
xoxo
Sara
Post a Comment