A few nights ago chatting with my mom she commented that I sounded happy. This probably comes as little surprise to most of you, but my mom knows better than most that I am prone to lows as often as highs.
of course her comment has me reflecting.
Writing in my journal this morning I determined that I'm happy for two reasons:
1) because I thrive on change. I always have. I was apprehensive before this move, but I shouldn't have been. New sights and smells are among my favourite things
and 2) because I have every reason to be happy right now.
I've been feeling just plain grattitude this week. I went out on a limb and came here without a work visa, and God has provided me with great freelance opportunities—potentially enough to pay for all our groceries and touristy fun. I have three months of quality time with my new husband, and every day I see our friendship deepending (that's one of my fave parts). We're in a gorgeous European city with a million things to do all for the fee of a bus ticket. And one of my favourite people is only three hours away. Just swell.
what else?
Last night's microwave pickup was successful—except for Dean who had to carry it more than a mile (I just wasn't strong enough) and now all we're missing is a toaster.
Ugly weather might abort our original bike-riding plans for the weekend, but fortunately it's cheaper to ride the bus so we'll do just that to the nearby town of Stonehaven (supposedly where the deep-fried marsbar was invented) and Dunnottar Castle. Stay tuned for photos on Monday.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
2 comments:
Loving these reflections. a beautiful season for all the right reasons. Soak, soak, soak.
There is such a thing as deep-fried marsbars??! I SHOULD HOPE SO!
Wonderful that the weekend in Scotland finds you so contended and happy.
Praise Him for all those seasons...
Post a Comment