On the Playlist: Rogue Wave’s Love’s Lost GuaranteeOn the Reading List: Leah McLaren’s The Continuity Girl (autographed edition, picked up at YVR)
Current Obsession: Penguins—Britain’s answer to Tim-tams—accompanying my daily coffee
Design of the Times: Design icon Terence Conran’s astonishingly affordable line of kitchen products for Sainsbury’s has me drooling, and buying measuring cups in spite of the fact that I don't bake.
Have an ’Art: Miniature prints that make original art suddenly affordable
Blog Log: UnderConsideration' design forum, Speakup
Hipsters on the Web: The Empty Vessel Project (go to flickr site to see tugboat graveyard)Crisp of the Week: Sensations Sweet Thai Chilli [rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars]
Scot Slang of the Week: Banoffee — banana and toffee, obviously.
Insider Scoop: The Bridge of Don, a suburb on the outskirts of Aberdeen is, in fact, the largest suburb in Europe
Countdown To: THREE DAYS ‘til Lorah visits from Newcastle. At last I’ll do some shopping and maybe pay a visit to St. Andrew’s or Slains Castle To Do List: Decorate! Suggestions for simple/affordable ways to smarten up a bare-walled flat are welcome!
6 comments:
YAY!! See you SO soon!
St. Andrew's?? As in the birth place of Golf?? If that is the case now I am offically jealous. If you wanted to take some pictures of St. Andrews and maybe even the golf course for me that would be awesome!!!
Glad you are having fun and enjoying Scotland!!
Aaah glad you are experiencing all the delish snack foods the UK has to offer! Beatty once went on this penguin binge... haha. Have so much fun with Lorah!!! xox
Excellent. Good to see your regular feature return to feed my fetish. Actually I just wrote that because it's a consonance, and it sounded good. I don't have a blog fetish. Really, I don't. That'd be like adoring tub scum. Not that your blog is tub scum, just blogs in general are tub scum. Oh geez, I better quit while I'm waaaaaay behind.
<<< scratch that
Nice to see a regular feature on your blog. Way to go.
p.s. sans & serifs and hardly the eye can read... clearly, anyway... (translation: the two fonts in the feature are hard to read together.)
yes! more thoughts from a friend transplaned to the uk in a weekly addition.
you know, if you keep buying well designed kitchen-ware i could just buy it off you at a canadian garage sale some day...:) as for simple decorations, how about finding some cool fabric in the remnats section of a store, stretch it onto a canvas and...ta da! you have art for your walls.
enjoy your visit with lorah and say hi to your husband from the picks.
Post a Comment