Blogs everywhere are dead.
I'm really trying hard to defy the status quo and post at least bi-weekly. Facebook still has a powerful pull, but the attraction is waning—especially as it daily adopts the messiness of myspace.
Meanwhile I have a month of weddings and family visits ahead. But our Scotland departure is coming up quickly and I'll be more inclined to share when there are, in fact, things to share. Bear with me, readers, in the summer months when I'd rather be outside playing than inside clacking keys.
Until then, I'll continue with the updates and run downs:
It was a full weekend of sunshine. Friday night we went on a much needed date—appies and cold wine at Bin 942 where, in true Dean and Amanda style we made some nice friends at the table next to us. I spent Saturday in Langley touring townhomes and making big plans with two of my favourite ladies. That evening we celebrated Trevor's "retirement" and subsequent big step toward pursuing his dream of film production. And since yesterday was a day of rest, we went to Lighthouse Park where we played with starfish and crabs and eels and got ourselves some sunburns and mosquito bites.
Skin ailments aside, it was a lovely day.
Tomorrow is my last day of fulltime work. woot.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
5 comments:
Congrats on departing the world of loathsome elastic bands and endless filing inanity!
(Oh, and I did see that you tagged me in your last post... I will try and get around to responding!)
Umm... did you just say 'woot'? *wipes tear*
I am so proud of you! (Woot.)
Hey, Sorry couldn't help myself but take the link for Langley. Think I need to move back to Canada. You guys get a lot of house for your money and you got the weather. Another grey day in Aberdeen!
Btw - all change here just bought a house so on the move again.
i always enjoy reading your updates. sounds like a lovely weekend!
enjoy your last day of work!
Townhomes in Langley - that's where it's at! We just bought one and move in July 7. Check it out www.kewliving.com. I can walk/ride my bike to work!
As for Lighthouse Park - one of my favourite childhood haunts. I haven't been since last summer - so glad others I know are appreciating it's value.
And I have asked my hubby to arrange a visit to Bin 942 - looks absolutely yum. :)
Congrats on being a free woman once again!
Post a Comment