I just finished reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, so maybe I simply have human suffering on the brain, but it seems to me, we at the Regier household have met with one of the modern world's gravest treacheries: the disappearance of remote controls.
It began on Sunday with the garage door opener. Then yesterday, the television remote. Oh the injustice!
Dean has a loathsome habit of misplacing everything: his keys, wallet, laptop adapter, hair product etc. Though there is no pattern to their placement, usually I have a knack for tracking down the above listed items. Not so with our current eluders. They are lost to oblivion. We've turned the house and car upsidedown three times each. And it is the gravest inconvenience. Especially when Dean wants to watch the Senators on channel 3 and I want to watch What Not to Wear on Channel 34. sheesh.
yah, yah, we'll survive.
*****************************************************************************
It's officially summer. I know this because I have one sunburnt shoulder and because I fired up the BBQ for the first time tonight. Like literally the first time. I have never before lit a BBQ.
I've watched many a propane BBQ be lit, but all we have is a coal-burning hibatchi that I won at a $5 Christmas gift exchange in Seattle two years ago (remember that one ladies? With the crazy guy who loves Canadians? and the dude who worked at Microsoft who I totally insulted? But I mean really, who names their kid Zolton?).
With nothing but the coal briquette package to guide me, you'll all be pleased to know that I BBQed like a pro. Next time you're all invited.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
4 comments:
as a fellow pro channel flipper that is a serious inconvenience. arg!
and i do remember that hibatchi - nice work!!
hope you find the remotes!
i want to come over for bbq... totally didn't remember you won that. Awesome gift!
ha! found one.
Asa loses everything, too, including things I've knit for him. Very irritating!!
Post a Comment