I saw a girl on the bus today reading a book called The Tipping Point. 'Twas foreshadowing it seems because today I reached that very point.
A girl can only pull so many staples, remain composed after so many paper cuts, and search for so many files that don't exist (in spite of what some underwriter claims) before she loses a teensy bit of her humanity. In a matter of days I've developed carple tunnel syndrome and a really foul mouth (everything uttered under my breath of course).
So I'm done.... well, I'm going to suck it up 'til the end of next week and then I'm really done.
Some good HAS come out of this month-long stint, however... Now when I catch myself cussing in the file room I stop and ask for more grace—always a worthwhile prayer :)
actually, God has been working me over on a number of things lately, like praying for my friends and my marriage (truly praying—not just saying I will and hoping that God responds to good intentions), and caring less about writing jobs that pay well and more about ones I can get excited about, and loving the poor by serving them (He's really giving me a lesson about this), and slowing down by saying no, even when I want to be out every night.
So in spite of the crappiest job in the world, the education has been worthwhile.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
7 comments:
someone just recommended that book to me.
I spent one very long summer doing data entry in a basement room on a computer that must have been built in the 80s. Then there was that month I worked at Crop Sciences where my job was to pick up a full head of wheat, feed it through a machine and collect the grain kernels in a teensy envelope. For 8 hours a day. OMG. So, what I'm saying is: I hear ya girl and fully support your need to get out! Consider me your SK cheerleading squad. Rah Rah!
you forgot the other good--namely, interesting stories are always ready for me when I come home from work!
ooooohhh... i know those jobs, they teach you patients and perseverance - and raise your swearword quota! hang in there, girl - seems like you're taking it all the right way!
tipping point is an interesting read, by the way!
it helps to have a husband who gives you regular reminders to say No :)
Ugh, painfully tedious jobs, there are no words... at least you're almost done! And Kyle has that book if you want to read it. I only took note of it on his shelf after it was recommended on Splendora. :P Cheers to slowing down... enjoy!
awesome, as crappy as that was... God is good, and your good too :)
We should talk soon!
Post a Comment