On the Reading List: Plan B, Anne Lamott's most recent work of genius. I finished Lord of the Flies in a waiting room this morning... [chills]On the Playlist: All Spruced Up (the Spruce Street mix), our favourite tunes from last year, compiled over the weekend and soon to be disseminated to our nearest and dearest
Current Obsession: taking the bus (cheaper than borscht + a whole 40 minutes to read every day = bliss)
Decor junkies, take note: handmade wood furniture to warm your heart
Blog Log: I have high hopes for jawcey's blogger debut—Decorate it Darling. This girl has style.Insider Scoop: The Opus Hotel—maybe not as opulent as the price would suggest, but the L'Occitane bath products, 5 foot tub, mood lighting, white linens and proximity to Subeez make it a pretty swell pre-Valentines destination.
Countdown To: LENT is in one week. yes yes, I realize this is a predominently catholic ritual, but I think it's one in which all should partake. Fasting is good for you. I am thinking of giving up reading blogs (just until easter)... or maybe buying clothes. ooo, so tough.
To Do List: get serious about writing. These corporate gigs are good for a paycheque but they aren't adding to my list of by-lines :(
Lastly: Through ups and downs there are always nice reminders that I've found my match—like when I hatch the beginnings of a hairbrained plan and not only does he not write it off as ridiculous, he spends an hour over dinner talking about how we could make it work.
6 comments:
opus hotel penthouse suite was the first stop on my fab honeymoon. great hotel.
the opus...have not actually experienced but always hear good reports. nice to see a little culture and ideas update. missed those from scotland!
the day b/f v-day was f-u-n. and i don't think it was a hair-brained idea.
anne lamott really is the best...
and YES to lent, we should all observe it somehow. i was thinking of giving up buying things this year, but it may complicate the wedding planning thing? back to my default lent item - sugars and snacks.
Totally agree with your thoughts on the perfect match! It's great when they indulge you and go along with the hairbrained plan!
What did you decide? What did you give up for lent?
Post a Comment