It's a universal truth: office coffee is inherently putrid.
Caught an early bus into town this morning so instead of the usual speed walk down Granville I got to slow down and enjoy its quirks: the option of two daily papers placed right in my hand (I always feel I'm snubbing the guy I turn down, so I've been alternating), the old man who plays the harmonica tunelessly from sun up to sundown, the office girls who think black Lulu pants qualify as business-casual, movie trailors lining the sidewalk (subtly noting if any celebs are on the premises), new show posters plastered all over contruction zones.
It's a particularly pleasant day, in fact. This could be because I caught Dean doing my favourite fast-asleep-half-smile this morning, or because I had time for a latte at Trees or just because the cloud-cover broke up for an hour. Either way, it's a good day to be in Vancouver.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
6 comments:
i loved reading this! i might just have to read it again! yes, i think i shall.
sounds like a great day! fun to see you saturday!
Might do, thanks for the invite! I've always wanted to go to Scotland. When are you guys moving back to Aberdeen?
Amanda! Hope all is well with you. How's Scotland? Developed a fondness for Guiness yet?
"It's a universal truth: office coffee is inherently putrid."
i reccommend bringing in coffee from home and making a pot for the whole crew-- everyone wins that way!!
but if all one is left with is the 'work provided coffee' we must remember that "this" is better than no coffee at all.
Post a Comment