Monday, November 27, 2006

flip

Three weeks to our (unofficial) homecoming (five until we're back in vncvr).

For the last month I've fantasized of nothing but clothes dryers, Starbucks that open before 9 and close after 6, sushi, my huge comfy bed and the end of mental currency conversions.

Then suddenly everything reversed and I'm feeling sad to leave Aberdeen so soon.

It started on Saturday night at a church céilidh (big scottish dance party, kilts and all) when I realized I'm going to have to wait 8 months to really get to know some of the awesome people I've only just met.

On Sunday, seeing those we HAVE gotten to know I was struck by how much they'll be missed when we go.

It's nice to have something to look forward to on our return.

The weekend included:
- James Bond
- international market on Union st
- much dizziness (those Scots'll spin you hard and fast)
- another DVD box set (House, season 1)
- church
- Pretty in Pink at the Belmont
- my first toffee nut latte of the season
- getting creamed (again!) at scrabble

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pity that you have to leave after such a short time, but I'm sure you've made the best of it, and you get to go back next year. You guys are very welcome to visit in Spain/Vienna next time around!

Anonymous said...

yeah, visit spain and vienna next time around! maria and i will show you a good time!!