- last night's double birthday celebration was much fun, if a wee bit cold. Typical—the one night I opt to smarten things up and wear some nicer shoes (sans socks) is also the night we choose a restaurant with defunct heaters and the world's slowest service. ah, but the company of friends can warm any room ;)
- even though I would NEVER admit it to the boys who teased me relentlessly about my order last night, veggie korma is really not very good.
- our weekend in Edinburgh is booked: train tix—check! guest house—check! very minimal sightseeing schedule—check! We're excited to see something new and I've heard countless reports that Edinburgh is one of the most stunning cities in Britain.
- braving the symphony solo tonight. I've gone to rock shows alone in the past, I don't know why this should be any different. At the intermission I'll just have to hang out by the bar and get the middle aged men to buy me drinks.
- the washing machine broke again. I got very angry. my fist kinda hurts.
-18 months ago today, under the Space Needle in Seattle I asked Dean to be my boyfriend. Five months ago tomorrow, at an ocean-front mansion in Vancouver, he stepped up to husband status.
- I'm still busy flickring away. in fact I've reached my limit for the month. check out the new photos of Balmedie, Royal Deeside, and visits from Trev and Joe.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
4 comments:
We watched a one-hour travel show about Scotland on OLN the other night. We were waiting for them to talk about Aberdeen because it was on the route they had mapped out, but they didn't highlight it at all!
They did mention that Edinburgh was worth a visit.
i think you'll love edinburgh... i sure did!
amanda, can you send me your mailing address for when you are back home? we have a christmas card, but i think you'll be back in canada by then, right?
see you soon!
edingburgh is great. compleate with winding streets and cheese shops you can smell blocks away :) must check out the leigth area and drop lindsay a line since she is living in edinburgh again!
You will totally love Edinburgh - shame you aren't around in the summer - they have book festivals and theatre festivals and interesting people galore - even so, I'm sure you'll love exploring there!
Post a Comment