Wednesday, November 29, 2006

sun day

While the rest of you are enjoying yet ANOTHER snow day (or not enjoying it in some cases) we've got another 10 degree sun day here in Aberdeen. My how things have reversed!

******************************************************

today's bad news: our washer is still broken and i'm being forced to listen to the most mind-numbing conversation between two medical students at the table next to me (one complaining about the all the girls that keep falling in love with him and the other telling him he's an ass and to stop being such a player). Also I'm going to put off the next edition of Fresh Cuts until tomorrow cause I'm just not in the mood today.

today's good news: tomorrow is the Old Aberdeen Christmas lighting ceremony—sure to yield a fabulous flickr post in the near future. Also Verity loaned us the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice so I can finally see what all the fuss is about! Lastly, I've been having some fun with a potential freelance story this week—the inspiration drought seems to have passed.

******************************************************

Also, I got a call from my mom yesterday. My favourite great aunt, Auntie Mae went to Heaven on Sunday. This falls into the good news category—after 95 years she was getting pretty anxious to head on up there! Auntie Mae took us Smith girls on our first trip to Disneyland and she gave us the money to open our first savings accounts—she was this generous with pretty much everyone. Despite some seriously crippling arthritis, she was super adventurous and travelled all over the place—with a particular penchant for Reno's slot machines :) She will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun at your balmy Christmas celebrations! Hehe... You'll see snow soon enough in the prairies right?

And re: the Beeb's P&P, I honestly can't sit thru the whole thing at once, as "great" as it's supposed to be. So go in with low expectations and you'll enjoy it. :)

And happy writing! I want to read the article. It sounds highly publishable!

Unknown said...

k and i watched it 3X in 2 days when we got it for Christmas ? years ago. Although we've agreed it was time well spent that's 15 hours of our lives sucked away forever. hoping you enjoy it. also hoping you have a happier tomorrow.