Sunday, May 04, 2008

may day

I'm midway through a long weekend here in Scotland. If I had looked forward to a quiet weekend to catch up on writing and cleaning, I gravely missed the mark!

Spent yesterday morning in the company of women of every age learning about/practicing contemplative prayer - a really good exercise in light of my frenetic schedle these days.

From there I ran off to fill a shift at the Adult Learning tent at the Belmont Street farmers' market, and on the way I picked up this little gem (below) at a quirky new shop on George St called Johnny Come Lately (which coincidentally is also the name of a movie about a Baltimore serial killer - guess Oxford really was the best choice). I may have also acquired a number of new screen printed cards coming to mailbox near you in the not-so-distant future :)



We rounded out the evening with the pre-wedding celebration of a coworker who's moving to Australia. At the request of the bride-to-be all the women wore hats... well in our office those instructions can be very loosely interpreted:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the glasses!