Calendone by Industries Stationery - hung on a bold wall, this perpetual wall calendar makes a striking (and eco-savvy) statement. (from Domino mag.)Ecojot journals - on my last visit home, a trip to Chapters procured the journal I've been holding my breath for - paper heavy enough to endure my Uniball pens, and enough pages to survive five months of introspection! And while I'm currently trying to embrace all things British, I can't help but point out (with pride) that these are Canadian made. Creators, Mirage paper, have a pretty blog.
labpartners make these simple but lovely screen prints. I like think of them as cutsie-indie art (certainly one of my favourite genres!), perfect for for a kids room... or a modest Oxford flat. I check back regularly to see what new treasures they've created - and so should you!This is a recent discovery, but it comes from an old favourite - Sharilyn Wright, of Lovely Design has started a blog, documenting her picturesque life on Burnaby mountain (less than a stone's throw from my alma mater). And while I may be perpetually disappointed when I check back to see if she has new address files, I AM rather inspired by the depiction of her daily life. Design junkies will eat up what she's done with her downtown studio.
2 comments:
oh, i love lab partners, too. thanks for the reminder. i might just have to do some shopping. now. and sharilyn. is lovely. and so are her pine cone and leaves posters. i have them both. and they bring a nice touch of canada to our little home. away from home.
found this update very inspiring... so many wonderful things! sigh.
Post a Comment