As Dean can fairly attest, I've been feeling a bit, hmmm, unmotivated in my work of late.
Writing at home is not only lonely, it also requires a great deal of self-discipline, motivation, and willingness to work at the risk of never getting a paycheque for your efforts. I possess little to none of these. Working on a deadline with a clear assignment is great. love it. Writing a story with no idea whether it will be read by an editor, let alone see the light of print is a whole other dealio. And this knowledge has me in a bit of a funk.
A really nice respite from my foul mood came last night when I met with a lady from A Rocha Canada, a Christian environmental group, to talk about eco-stewardship and our responsibility to care for creation. A half hour interview turned into a two-and-a-half hour conversation about faith and worship and social justice. I came home inspired and talked Dean's ear off until I realized he was already sleeping :) It is fascinating people that remind me why I am a writer—the opportunity to share their stories and glean their wisdom.
In other news, we decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Saskatchewan this weekend. We miss our adorable nephews and niece, are looking forward to sharing a bottle of wine with the inlaws and siblings, and cannot wait to see if Terra's belly is showing the baby yet!
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
2 comments:
Hey Amanda, feeling motivated is hard...especially when you have free cable!! - B. Walker
I hear your pain, sister woman. Being my own boss was the most inefficient thing I've ever done. I've since taken a part-time job, which has really helped the freelancing. Maybe because my time is more limited?
Post a Comment