In the northern hemisphere, at least, and Vancouver specifically, it is so beautifully appropriate how Spring and Easter never fail to arrive on the same weekend.
I walked to lunch this afternoon, shades on face, jacket begging to come off, needlessly-brought-gloves tucked away in my bag, marvelling at how even the Oak Street pollution was masked by the smell of blossoms. The North Shore mountains nuzzled up behind glass sky-scrapers was enough to slack my jaw. (Don't tell Dean, but I'm having a secret love affair with my city.)
But it wasn't until I strolled home after a visit with one of my oldest friends that I really appreciated the newness of it all. God, it seems, is really into cycles. He guides the planet through them as be tugs the earth closer and further from the sun. Spring is when He shows us, again, the beginning of the cycle, and gives us endles fodder for lessons about rebirth and spiritual life. Today I'm appreciative of the the fact that He has given me just the regular kind of life, not to mention the eternal kind.
Happy Easter everyone.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
2 comments:
:) Thank you for this!
It was good to have you and Dean and Dianna here to celebrate Easter with us.
He is risen!
Post a Comment