Tuesday, April 17, 2007

70 channels of trouble

The Regier household got cable this morning.

Stupid Shaw and their stupid promotional deals.

They know just how to suck us in—one month free, no obligations. For the record I fully intend to cancel when my month is up because we all know I need no more distractions on the days I'm working from home (heck, on particularly bad days, even Dean's copy of Applied Bayesian Modelling would be enough to pull me away from the computer).

And of course the cable guy strategically left the TV on and tuned into TLC before he left... otherwise I'd never have known that What Not to Wear runs mid-morning, nor would I have discovered (thanks to TLC's crazy long commercial breaks) that Jeff Probst was co-hosting with Kelly Ripa. The morning went downhill from there. How do people LIVE with cable?

I'm hiding my remote control. right. NOW.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reason #134956999354 why I'm glad we don't have a television. Because if we did, I'd watch it constantly. That's what happens when I visit my mother--rather than go out and enjoy NYC, I stay in and watch HBO On Demand. Sad but true.

Unknown said...

whoo-hoo cable! err, i mean, TV is so lame.