You'd think working at home would mean daily blog activity, but the fact is, I feel guilty using my own time for this... Somehow it never used to cross my mind that blogging on someone else's dime might also be a mistake ;)
In any case, the result is that an unprecidented number of people have been asking me lately: "What ARE you doing these days?"
The short answer is, I'm at home freelancing three days a week, and I'm at BC Hydro two days a week ensuring our groceries and health insurance are paid for each month.
Sadly though, I usually get a blank stare when I say "freelancing," and people hesistantly start to ask me how my (non-existant) book is coming along. In my case, I'm doing lots of corporate writing (websites, brochures etc), a wee bit of arts writing (some band profiles and reviews), and an increasing amount of magazine writing (all manner of articles). The long term goal being to find a healthy balance between the soul-gratifying mag work and the bank account-pleasing corporate work.
Deano is working hard at getting some papers done for his two presentations in Copenhagen (in July) now that the data for his PhD research has come in.
work aside, Dean and I have been entertaining up a storm, trying to have people over whenever schedules permit, though Dean is good to enforce a twice-per-week-maximum on having guests :) We're still not settled as to where to go to church here, though we have been going to Tenth Ave alliance because we like the people are have gotten involved recently in their homeless ministry.
Yesterday was a lazy Sunday: Peace Portal Alliance church because D forgot his phone in Treovr's car, having lunch in White Rock with friends, then returning to the place where it all began (ie, the place where I learned his name was Dean and not NATE), Dolce Gelato on the strip for some wicked blood orange and mango gelato. mmmm.
voila, there's the update. your regular scheduled blog will return tomorrow.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
2 comments:
good update... sounds like life is grand!
haha! i remember after that eadoin show you talking about one of trevor's 'good loooking friends, nate'! good thing you learned his name. :)
Post a Comment