Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Front Lawn Fresh Cuts vol.XII

Last week I put the PRO in procrastination. If only to pull something minorly productive from all my dallying, it's time to share, once again, some of the cultural delights I've been indulging in when I SHOULD be working. So without further ado, a new edition of Fresh Cuts:

On the Playlist: the Shins' Wincing the night Away, the Arcade Fire's Neon Bible, Modest Mouse's We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank — For the last month I have yet to remove these three albums (all on one handy mp3 disc) from the stereo.

On the Reading List: at the moment? Wuthering Heights. But a fresh shipment from Amazon and a stroll through Chapters's sale rack just expanded the to-read list dramatically (notables: Curtis Sittenfeld's Prep, Jonathan Safran Foer's Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, and Louise Erdrich's Master Butchers' Singing Club).

Current Obsession: There were a few weeks here when we watched nothing but Entourage each night before bed (three seasons in a row). Ari Gold was cussing in my dreams.

Design of the Times: Marimekko fans, find anything from trays to hot mits, shower curtains (left) and umbrellas in your fave fabric designs on finnstyle.com

Have an ’Art: Always on the lookout for affordable wall adornment, my heart leapt when I discovered the poster shop at thesmallstakes.com—a collection of beautiful gig posters from some favourite bands (see the Shins above, but check the site for even lovelier pieces).

She's Crafty!: Humoring a newfound urge to create, I've been working on crocheting a blanket. It's only right that they're called "granny squares" because those are the two things I feel like each time I sit down with my ball of yarn.

In the Kitchen: My (relatively) newfound like of cooking means a whole new genre of books to purchase! I just added I Like Food, Food Tastes Good to my Amazon wishlist.

Blog Log: magazine blogs are holding my of late. In particular, Blueprint and ReadyMade.

Countdown To: Exactly two months from today, two of my nearest and dearest are tying the knot. Can ya believe it?!

To Do List: The groom mentioned above has loaned me his GNC Gold card so I can get my hands on the components of a "colon cleanse." To be honest, I'm a bit nervous of what could come out of me, but I think it's high time I attempted to erradicate all my issues with my innards. ick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do love me some Marimekko.

Anonymous said...

A new fresh cuts....just the welcome distraction I need from fellowship applications.

I think our procrastination has taken us in similar directions, I was also checking out finnstyle last week but for iittala glass

Anonymous said...

Oooh a colon cleanse! There's a colon hydrotherapist at my clinic, but I prefer to refer to her as the "pressure washer". Haven't had the guts to try it yet, but everyone swears by them.

Anonymous said...

Stop eating meat. That's what helped alleviate some of my innards issues. Dairy is the next step, but I like it too much to abandon it. Anyway, vegetarianism is way better than an enema!!!

Anonymous said...

We are officially on the pre-marital colon & parasite cleanse! Not as bad as the internet images... no bugs or seaweed to photograph as of yet. Ew!!