It may not be spring officially, but if this weather continues tomorrow Grandpa will be buried on the most spring-like of days. Dean will help carry the casket of a man he met only once. How strange is that?
This is only the second funeral I've been to—the first was half my lifetime ago and very difficult. This one, conversely, is a relief—he was so sick. On Saturday morning after we found out I was quiet but Dean talked about how happy Grandpa must have been to see his true love for the first time since he lost her 42 years ago (to that same disease). Wow.
I'm looking forward to seeing the whole extended family, which is unusual. Sad that Di won't be there but happy that Natalie is driving out from Edmonton.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
3 comments:
Amanda, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. I know it can be very difficult, I lost both my grandfathers about 6 months apart.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers this week. Again I am sorry for your loss.
Jesus be with you and your family.
*sigh* I'm sure it was lovely, in a somber way of course, and that your grandpa was smiling down on you all from a much sunnier place...
Post a Comment