Canada in two weeks and this weekend I met yet another slew of people I'm excited to get to know on our return to Aberdeen.
We had a lowkey Friday night to make up for the busy weekend ahead.
Saturday morning I joined about 50 other women at Gerrard St Baptist to hear Stephen's mom (Claire's mom-in-law) talk about hearing God's voice. It was incredible to see women of every age group blending and enjoying eachother's company, praying for one another and encouraging one another. What could be better for the life of the church? Evening brought our St.Nicholas party complete with gifts, mulled wine, canapes and ginger bread!
Sunday got us further acquainted with our friends' parents. Since wife Suzi was in Ediburgh playing hockey, husband Iain invited us to join him for Sunday dinner with his folks out in the country. The afternoon felt like one our truest tastes of Scotland—and not just because his parents are named Dougall and Morag (though it doesn't get more Scottish than that does it?). We had the full meal deal, beginning with drinks in the sitting room, hot meal and dessert, and then coffee and chocolate flake bars to follow. It was no special treatment—Iain's mom goes to this much work every week!
Want to see more classic Scotland? A few photos from our first visit to Footdee are posted.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
2 comments:
Sounds like an amazingly pure Scottish experience with Dougall and Morag... can't get much better :) Can't wait to see you this weekend! No luggage yet... let's find some good jeans in Edinburgh.
I remember those times. I have family that lives near Colchester in the East of England. I travelled there and stayed with them for a week and lived like I was an english country boy. Just walked around the farm and surrounding area during the day and ate and drank like a king for every meal. They really know how to do it over there. Just seemd so quaint to think people actually live in those kinds of houses and have meals with real silverware regularly. It was absolutly fantastic.
Post a Comment