Maybe it's the weather. Aberdeen has never been so pleasant as it was today.
Left the house early to visit a clinic I was never able to find and opted instead to spend the morning traipsing around town.
My traipses brought me to some stellar Christmas gifts for Deano, a lovely 1949 Penguin edition of Aldous Huxley's Music at Night (for me!), the BP Portrait Awards at the art gallery, and the much talked of but impossible to find Kilau coffee shop.
The final stop emerged from the ladies' meeting at church last Saturday. While chatting with a fellow North American we were aproached by a Nigerian woman who introduced herself as Comfort (brilliant name, eh?). The three of us got talking. Turns out we're all here because of hubbies doing PhDs and we're all barely/un-employed and getting a little bored. We met today along with two other American PhD wives and spent two hours getting acquainted. It was lovely and another reason I'm getting sad to leave Aberdeen.
No FreshCuts until Friday—I have to see a man about a broken washer!
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
1 comment:
A much cooler version of the Stepford Wives I'd say. Always good to know you have a great crew to return to!
Post a Comment