5:30am and I've been tossing for nearly 2 hours. I've given up on sleep even though I now possess the most incredibly wonderful bed on the planet (I think Dean would agree with me that's it's approximately 30 sq feet of heaven right in our bedroom).
Being home has really been about food. While devouring my custom eggs benny (brie & avocado) at Barney's yesterday Jules agreed with me that the food is the thing you miss most when you're in the UK. So to make up for those three months away we have already dined out three times: Earls' thai noodle salad, Cactus Club's yam fries and west coast pocket, Barney's for me and Minato sushi for Dean... surprise, surprise. Then to top it all off Beth and Jessica put together a remarkable spread at Joe's last night.
In only 1.5 days back we've been lucky enough to see a good many friends and fam, get reaquainted with our old apartment (which the renters left in impeccable shape!) do a load of laundry and achieve some semblance of organization.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
5 comments:
glad you're home safe... wish you were only a train ride away though :(
no kidding, jet lag! thought your 6:48am comment on my blog was a tad early. welcome home!
and you were terribly missed sat. pm. I believe we have a little music sampler with your name on it.
welcome back! hope to see you soon. and hope you're able to sleep tonight.
My tummy is grumbling for its next meal and I could almost go for another round of those eggs benny... mmm! Welcome home!
hey girl, welcome back to our land! see you very soon in speedy creek. can't wait to catch up.
:)
Post a Comment