Thursday, February 14, 2008

valentine - spelled the same in French and English

My sweetie put together un soir fantastique yesterday.

Got home from a boring meeting that went on far too long, and found an unexpected bouquet, and plans for a French themed evening - complete with homemade crepes, vine (not homemade) and my very own copy of Paris, Je T'Aime.

The lad knows me well.

Yesterday was important for a couple other reasons too. One is that Oxford posted their most recent research position - one Dean's been asked to interview for. Two involves my own professional career, but I'll get back to you on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I own Paris, Je T'Aime, too! Excellent choice, excellent choice.

Looking forward to hearing more about the job decisions! Oxford, eh...

Anonymous said...

oops, didn't mean to be anonymous.

Anonymous said...

My comment from 'anonymous' disappeared! Anyway, I mentioned that this was an exciting little post :) Valentine's day sounded great, Oxford sounds pretty incredible, and your mystery career??.... you have me thinking. By the way, I like your 'pod.' Just don't fall in love with it too much, I need you in PA ;)

Anonymous said...

aw fun! we rented that one a while ago and just tonight picked up "2 days in paris" for this weekend so i sense a theme amongst us folk...

our v-day celebrations included the new jack johnson for kyle and for me, the novel i hinted at and received. :)