Sunday, February 24, 2008

spring in my step

Lately the signs of spring have been poking their noses out from between this city's infamous granite tenements. The sun now gets up with me and later I walk home in dusk rather that night. The green tips of daffodils are pushing out of Aberdeen hillsides. The seagulls wake us up at weekends like they did eight months ago.

But spring in the UK is still as elusive as a North American groundhog (even if no one here knows what a groundhog is, let alone the lore surrounding it). One minute the sun is out, the next a fog thunders in. A 10-degree day usually finishes as a 0-degree evening. However, in both extremes, Aberdeen has been sort of pretty lately.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! As you share you're spring photos, I'll be posting my fall ones. I can already feel the population of the country shrinking:)

Anonymous said...

Our daffs and tulips are coming up too, but the deer have already been snacking on the tulip leaves. Fortunately, they aren't partial to daffodils. It was a balmy day in Parksville today. The kids and I were out hiking in our shirt-sleeves.