the rest of the Highland tour is coming, but first, some bits
1. Di left Aberdeen early this morning (and she only forgot to pack one thing!). We spent yesterday in Edinburgh, taking advantage of the Festival while we still could, and appreciating some bonafide summer weather.
On our last visit to Edinburgh, one of the few flyers I didn't wave away ACTUALLY looked interesting enough to keep: Partly because of the topic— "Growing up Games—a bard's eye view of grown up life" (clever, no?). Partly because the performer looked like someone I'd want to be friends with (surely the greatest compliment one can offer!). And partly because of the genre—stand-up poetry. Sister Dear agreed and indeed, we two wordies guffawed the entire way through her performance, which included songs about the merits of living in a corridor, a spinsta' rap and an ode to a Kenwood mixer accompanied by disco lights. Nice.
If you are anywhere near Edinburgh in the Festival's remaining week, by all means, go hear Jude Simpson perform. She's fantastically good.
2. Dean and I just booked a trip to London for early September. He's presenting at a conference (smarty pants) and I am going to soak up my favourite London haunt and try to avoid the Oxford/Picadilly/Covent Garden scene in favour of some sights off the touristy track. Very much looking forward to another service at HTB as well.
3. The job at Aberdeen College doesn't start for at least another two weeks while they complete a very thorough "disclosure" check. Perhaps it's a sign that it's time to get back to my writing? I've been having bursts of inspiration, but until now, no time alone.
4. Aberdeen really is starting to feel like home. We had a gang over for scotch and chat on tuesday night, I picked up a few more things at Habitat yesterday, and our mug collection has doubled in a week (thanks Di!)—all good homey things. But you guys have GOT to stop posting pictures of summer in Vancouver. I'm getting really jealous.
5. I've been reconnecting with my Canon AE1-Program and am again infatuated with film photography. If anyone's wondering, a Lomo would make a great Christmas present.
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
2 comments:
I sure like your bits and bobs! Keep 'em coming :)
i LOVE the tate. enjoy that on your next visit to london. can't wait to read some more of your writing. even the blog is so great to read. AND we'll work on getting us some more work through the door so you can write and get paid! ;)
Post a Comment