Wednesday, August 16, 2006

leisurely counting down the days to uncertainty

Car is sold. a relief. Since my feet will be my primary mode of transport for the next...hmmm, several years, I didn't feel toooo guilty spending nearly half the selling price of my car on a pair of boots (don't get in a sweat—I sold it for much less than I initially asked, to a near and dear "missionary couple").

Now that I am a "woman of leisure," as my mother calls me, I'm finding time to actually think about my writing again. My demanding social schedule, however has kept me from waxing pseudo profound in this venue, but come three weeks when my social network is cut by an ocean, you all better watch out.

Speaking of watching out, kindly note that it's my birthday this weekend. August 19. Saturday. You aren't missing a party—i'm going to the Island to usher in twenty-six with the quiet company of my parents, husband and twin sis, maybe a skimboard, and definitely a good book.

Still no luck with a flat in Aberdeen. Seems rental properties go like hotcakes over there. If you think of it, pray that we get things sorted quickly.

Lastly, Mexico, anyone?






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that everything will be in place when you get there.

Jammin said...

90 pound wuss, remeber those days? I just got back from Camp 7 and it was an amazing time. Terry Neufeld Smacked me with an aluminum bat and gave me a black eye and i just found out today at the doc that its broken, but no worries he straightened it out...mostly. And funily enough I booked a job this thursday with a mohawk, racing stripes, a black eye and a broken nose. Whoever said models were beautiful wimps, I look like a punk ass who recently engaged in fisticuffs, which I may have. I love reading good blogs and since you are about to become a freelance journalist I will do you the service, which I am self assured is due, that this will indeed be a fantastic read from time to time. Good luck in bonny Scotland,you'll enjoy the tap water if you've never been there, its the best water I've ever tasted, the farther you get from England the better it gets. if i make it to the UK anytime soon I surely will take you up the the offer. Best wishes to the happy couple and blessing upon you. Say hi to Princess Di

Ciao

Anonymous said...

From the proud owner of a 1997 Geo to the former proud owner of a 1997 Geo:

Q: How do you double the value of a Geo Metro?
A: You fill it up with gas.

=)

Read that one on the Internet somewhere and it instantly became my favorite joke. Except usually when I tell it I swap "Metro" for "Tracker."

Happy birthday! I turned 24 two days after you turned 26. I didn't realize our birthdays were so close together. Or if I did, I totally forgot. oops.