This is one of those long overdue "proper" updates, and oooo, it's full of biggies.
For example, since we last spoke I married a doctor... or rather, the man I married became a doctor. My hubby defended his PhD last week and passed. As if there was any doubt.
Also, we got a new housemate. My wee sis-in-law, Jillian is now in the room next door, taking a semester pause on her path to becoming Saskatchewan's next big thing in science. So Oxford's not so lonely any more! Jill kicked into full job hunting mode the day she got here, and managed to shop her way through Oxford as she went. I have much to learn from this gal ;)
More exciting stuff: I've been exploring this little Island, and discovering there's a lot to see! In the last two weeks I've spent a day in Brighton, an afternoon in Windsor & Eton, and this past Saturday was spent at Blenheim Palace - birthplace the greatest Briton ever and home to a good many dukes and dutches of the same surname.
We've had our first overnight guests - first a friend from Toronto and her new British love, and now two of our bestest buds from Aberdeen are here to stay a wee while.
Workwise, I just signed off on my first issue of the magazine! In my mind the publication is definitely a work in progress, but it has been fun to talk with our designers and discover that our visions align and that we all see the potential this (relatively dry) magazine could achieve.
Commuting is still manageable, but is becoming more so as I'm moving down to 4 days in London and 1 in Ox... an ideal arrangement!
Photos of it all are on their way soon.
xo
SFGirl Says Farewell.
2 years ago
3 comments:
Sounds like a great life there in Oxford!
Congrats to the doctor!
So glad to hear about the Oxford work day. Makes great sense. My congrats also to Doctor Dean!
I'd love to see the final product of your magazine! Dry as it might be, I'd like to see what your fine editorial skills and vision produced.
Post a Comment