Sunday, October 14, 2007

bean responsible

One of the best things about my job at Starbucks is that my boss, upon learning that I was media savvy and into good causes, elected me to champion community service for our district.

Thus, myself and a coworker are the Corporate Social Responsibility advocates for all of North East Scotland (Aberdeen, Inverness, St. Andrews & Dundee). Basically we get paid to spend two hours each week contacting managers and encouraging them in their charity efforts and collecting stories for a quarterly newsletter. Right up my alley wouldn't you say?

Another part of it is an ongoing blog, documenting all the good stuff our stores are doing the community.

so I'd like to introduce: "Bean Responsible" ... it's still a baby blog, but check back soon for more updates!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving how your job at Starbucks is evolving for you!

Harmonie said...

that's awesome amanda! how are you liking working at starbucks?

Anonymous said...

That's great news, Amanda. Keep us up-to-date on the Bean Responsible blog.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Starbucks! They do wonderful things for Mercy Ships, (and I greatly benefit :)